“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.” William Jennings Bryan

Friday, April 30, 2010

April 30, 2010

Usually I don’t let this much time pass between posts, but to be honest, two things are going on.

First is a bit of writers block if there is such a thing. I think there is. Its not that I run dry of things to write about, but it’s more like there is too much. Not everything can pass through my little brain and next thing there is a clog and nothing gets through…if you think about it for awhile it makes sense. I am sure you’ve been there…

Then this week I was diagnosed with pneumonia…walking pneumonia or whatever you want to call it. Either way, I was in bed or on the couch the last three days exhausted, heaving for breathes, and waiting for my head to blow up from the sinus pressure. Today all the meds are beginning to get up on the bacteria that took me over, and I am feeling a bit better. I was able to take a walk outside this morning to see all the animals, look across the rows of greens coming up, and check my bees. This day, the bees didn’t sting me – maybe they have called a truce until I feel better and I’m more fun for them to chase through the fence and across the yard! God bless them!

But anyhow, I will be back to writing soon. Things will unclog as they always do and the pneumonia will run its course. Maybe this is Mother Nature’s way of getting me to take a break. I’d rather she fly me to Acapulco…

No comments:

Post a Comment