“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.” William Jennings Bryan

Saturday, September 17, 2011

September 17, 2001


It took me four years and a lost count of bee stings, but I finally bottled my first quart of  honey! Thought that I would share it with you in pictures!

I started this hive in 2009 with a nuc of 3000 bees. I estimate that it has close to 30,000 or more now. These gals made the honey!




Close up of the comb with capped honey on top and uncapped on the bottom.

The stainless steel extractor...it spins the frames, forcing the honey from the combs. The honey collects in the bottom of the tank, flows out the spout, into the pan.

View of frames loaded into the extractor.

Honey coming out of the spout after spinning, going through a filter and into the pan.

 Filtering the honey through cheese cloth and into the jar.

I set out the extracted combs and the bees cleaned up all that was left!

No comments:

Post a Comment